As an ongoing focus on CX becomes the norm, companies need to put structures in place to reinforce and sustain these customer-centric behaviors. In this advanced stage of CX maturity, companies embed CX into HR processes like hiring, performance management, and incentive systems to reinforce good CX behaviors.
Key Activities In This Stage:
- Teach CX mindsets and behaviors during leadership training and include in competency models.
- Incorporate the organization’s values and employee engagement into goals, measurements, and promotions for all levels of managers.
- Re-evaluate CX metrics to ensure they are helping you forge a deeper connection with customers.
- Regularly scan for external examples of emerging best practices that you can share and adopt.
- Develop approaches for understanding, tracking, and designing for narrower segments of customers.
- Make it a prerequisite to hiring that all new employees fit strongly with your values.
- Use federated centers of excellence to distribute CX capabilities across all business units.
- Suggest to key leaders across the organization that they subscribe to our monthly newsletter, and use this blog as an ongoing source of advice, inspiration, and innovation. Regularly discuss how to apply the information published here and share relevant material more broadly across the organization.
- Read our content on best practices research to identify improvement and innovation opportunities, take our assessments to evaluate your efforts, and follow our trends research to track where the market is heading.
- Landing page: Check out The Four Customer Experience Core Competencies to identify and learn about the competency that your organization should focus most on improving.
- Share these easy-to-understand (and free!) resources across your organization: infographics, videos, and eBooks.
Relevant Temkin Group Services:
- Research & Advisory Subscriptions: If you’re looking for a multi-pronged approach to sustaining a customer-centric culture, a Corporate Subscription can help. You can use this subscription as an advice and innovation tool since it includes all our research into emerging best practices and all our benchmark data. It also includes a strategy session where our experts help you identify which areas could most benefit from CX improvements. And we make sure you stay on track, as well as provide feedback on areas of innovation, by offering ongoing inquiries you can tap into along your journey.
- Consulting: We will identify areas where you can accelerate your CX results during interactive design sessions.
- Speeches: Temkin Group can reinforce the value of being a customer-centric organization by delivering a compelling speech at events such as a leadership offsite or all-company meeting.
- In-Person Workshops: To help you identify which business areas are ripe for CX innovation, we can run workshops for groups of employees across the organization.
- Public Workshops: We hold multiple public workshops that your new CX team members and CX ambassadors can attend to build their customer experience skills. For example, at the Driving CX Transformation workshop they will develop a strong understanding of what CX is and how to drive change, while at the Mapping And Improving Your Customers’ Journey workshop they will master the critical skill of customer journey mapping. You may also consider sending your CX and human resources teams to our Engaging Employees in a Customer-Centric Culture workshop to teach them how to improve this critical CX competency.
- CX Institute Online Training: To help instill the mindset that customer experience is everyone’s business and motivate employees to participate in driving CX change, deploy this training to all employees as part of your on-boarding process.
CX Competencies and Organization
Here is what a typical company looks like at this stage of CX maturity:
To identify your organization’s stage of CX maturity and to evaluate your performance across all four CX core competencies, complete Temkin Group’s CX Competency and Maturity Assessment.