With a CX team and cross-functional governance in place, companies begin to redesign many of their operational processes using customer insights. In this stage of CX maturity, organizations actively use CX metrics to measure their progress raising customer loyalty, and they invest in engaging the entire workforce in CX.
Key Activities In This Stage:
- Educate all leaders/managers about their personal role in making the organization more customer-centric.
- Make promises to customers and embed these promises throughout your organization.
- Inspire all employees to embrace customer promises and make CX-driven changes.
- Use text analytics to uncover insights in an increasing amount of unstructured content.
- Apply predictive analytics to datasets that combine customer feedback data with operational, behavioral, and other customer data.
- Institute mechanisms for employees to share ideas and feedback on CX efforts and opportunities.
- Create role-specific dashboards for sharing customer insights.
- Add requirements for including the impact of CX in project funding and capital investment approval processes.
- Include customer insight and feedback requirements in new product development processes.
- Develop approaches for tracking and designing customers’ entire journeys.
- Suggest to key leaders across the organization that they subscribe to our monthly newsletter, and use this blog as an ongoing source of advice, inspiration, and innovation. Regularly discuss how to apply the information published here and share relevant material more broadly across the organization.
- Read our content on best practices research to identify improvement and innovation opportunities, take our assessments to evaluate your efforts, and follow our trends research to track where the market is heading.
- Landing page: Check out The Four Customer Experience Core Competencies to identify and learn about the competency that your organization should focus most on improving.
- Landing page: Look at our Employee Engagement Resources.
- Landing page: Review our Voice of the Customer/NPS Program Resources.
- Share these easy-to-understand (and free!) resources across your organization: infographics, videos, and eBooks.
Relevant Temkin Group Services:
- Research & Advisory Subscriptions: If you’re looking for a multi-pronged approach to creating and sustaining a customer-centric culture, a Corporate Subscription can help. You can use this subscription as a coaching tool since it includes all our research describing best practices and all our benchmark data. It also includes a strategy session where our experts help you identify which areas could most benefit from CX improvements. And we make sure you stay on track, as well as provide feedback on areas of innovation, by offering ongoing inquiries you can tap into along your journey.
- Consulting: We can recommend improvements to your roadmap and find ways to re-ignite stagnant results through our Strategy Review & Acceleration Program. We can also participate in brainstorming sessions to help you design the next generation of your efforts. You may also want to consider a package of multiple strategy sessions as we can then contribute to your efforts on an ongoing basis.
- Speeches: Temkin Group can reinforce the value of your CX efforts by delivering a compelling speech at a leadership meeting or offsite. We also provide speeches for smaller events, such as company meetings.
- In-Person Workshops: To help you propel your CX efforts across cross-functional operations, we can run workshops for groups of employees across the organization.
- Public Workshops: We hold multiple public workshops that your new CX team members and CX ambassadors can attend to build their customer experience skills. For example, at the Driving CX Transformation workshop they will acquire a strong understanding of what CX is and how to drive change, while at the Mapping And Improving Your Customers’ Journey workshop they will master the critical skill of customer journey mapping. You may also consider sending your CX and human resources teams to our Engaging Employees in a Customer-Centric Culture workshop to teach them how to improve this critical CX competency.
- CX Institute Online Training: Deploy this training to all managers and supervisors across the organization to educate them about why customer experience is everyone’s business and to motivate them to participate in driving change.
CX Competencies and Organization
Here is what a typical company looks like at this stage of CX maturity:
To identify your organization’s stage of CX maturity and to evaluate your performance across all four CX core competencies, complete Temkin Group’s CX Competency and Maturity Assessment.