Once senior executives are on board with the CX effort, they typically start to lead the effort to build a full-time CX staff. Companies in this third stage of maturity are often investing in VoC programs, beginning to construct customer journey maps, and improving discrete customer pain points.
Key Activities In This Stage:
- Create a strong CX core team.
- Establish a charter and governance structure for your CX efforts.
- Build a cross-functional CX working group.
- Educate senior leaders about what it takes to change CX and their role in driving change.
- Define and start tracking a Core CX Metric.
- Develop an approach for identifying, celebrating, and disseminating CX best practices to the people who are driving change across the organization.
- Revamp customer feedback systems to make them more action-oriented.
- Adjust internal celebrations and award programs to reinforce customer-centric behaviors.
- Build a CX ambassador program to enlist support and feedback from across the organization.
- Have the entire CX team subscribe to our monthly newsletter, and use this blog as an ongoing source of advice, inspiration, and innovation. Regularly discuss how to apply the information published here and share relevant material more broadly across the organization.
- Check out our content on CX metrics and all of our best practice research to help you develop and implement your CX plans.
- Landing page: Read The Four Customer Experience Core Competencies to understand what it takes to drive a customer-centric culture.
- Landing page: Look at the Voice of the Customer/NPS Program Resources.
- Category of posts: Review the ROI of Customer Experience to help you continue making the business case for the ROI of CX.
- To help leaders across your organization better understand your customer experience efforts, selectively share these easy-to-understand (and free!) items with them: infographics, videos, and eBooks.
Relevant Temkin Group Services:
- Research & Advisory Subscriptions: If you’re looking for a multi-pronged approach to creating and sustaining a customer-centric culture, a Corporate Subscription can help. You can use this subscription as a coaching tool since it includes all our research describing best practices and all our benchmark data. This subscription also includes a strategy session where you get expert feedback on your CX plans. And we make sure you successfully execute on those plans by offering ongoing inquiries where we provide professional advice along your journey.
- Consulting: We can provide expert advice on your CX plans with a Strategy Review & Acceleration Program, where we make sure you have the right approach and governance structure in place. You may also want to consider a package of multiple strategy sessions as we can then contribute to your efforts on an ongoing basis.
- Speeches: Temkin Group can motivate leaders and help them better understand their role in driving change by delivering compelling speeches about the power of CX at a leadership meeting or offsite. We also give speeches during events like kickoffs for CX efforts or meetings for CX ambassadors.
- In-Person Workshops: We can run workshops for your CX team to either familiarize them with the core concepts of CX or to help them master critical skills, such as customer journey mapping. We can also conduct sessions with leaders to clarify and outline their personal role in driving CX. These sessions can help cement their support and commitment to the organization’s CX efforts.
- Public Workshops: We hold multiple public workshops that your CX team and CX ambassadors can attend to build their customer experience skills. For example, at the Driving CX Transformation workshop they will develop a strong understanding of what CX is and how to drive change across your organization, at the Engaging Employees in a Customer-Centric Culture workshop they will learn how to connect your workforce to your CX efforts, and at the Mapping And Improving Your Customers’ Journey workshop they will master the critical skill of customer journey mapping.
- CX Institute Online Training: Deploy this training to your extended leadership team to make sure that every leader across the company understands what CX is and how they personally can help support and drive change.
CX Competencies and Organization
Here is what a typical company looks like at this stage of CX maturity:
To identify your organization’s stage of CX maturity and to evaluate your performance across all four CX core competencies, complete Temkin Group’s CX Competency and Maturity Assessment.