Elevate Purpose: Tapping Into The Power Of Meaningfulness
Why Are We Talking About Purpose?
Temkin Group has labeled 2017 “The Year of Purpose.” We hope that when companies examine their leaders, employees, and customers, they begin to see actual people behind these labels, individuals who are driven to find purpose and meaning in their jobs and in their lives.
Purpose is powerful. It provides a context around all that we do, which alters our feelings, beliefs, and actions. A strong sense of purpose can:
- Inspire us to find joy in our lives
- Energize us with a sense of hope
- Propel us to overcome obstacles
- Uplift us to feel good about ourselves
- Connect us with others around a shared goal
Much of our research focuses on helping organizations master four CX core competencies. As you can see in the figure below, purpose is an important component across all four elements: Purposeful Leadership, Compelling Brand Values, Employee Engagement, and Customer Connectedness.
What is Elevate Purpose?
Temkin Group started the “Elevate Purpose” effort in order to help individuals expand both their understanding of and their focus on purpose. To this end, we will be researching, publishing, and speaking on the topic throughout this year. Check out our existing content on purpose. Here are some of our recent content:
- Podcast: Purposeful Leadership With Tom Feeney, Safelite CEO
- Free Customer Experience Training For Non-Profit Organizations
- 2017 Customer Experience Trends (Video and Infographic)
- The Power of Purpose (Temkin Group Video)
- Celebrating MLK Day in the Year of Purpose
- 2017 Customer Experience Trends, “The Year of Purpose”
- Welcome to 2017, The Year of Purpose
- Infusing Humanity Into CX, Discussion With Barry Schwartz
- Three Ideas to Re-Humanize Patient Experience
- Modernize Leadership: Steve Jobs Demonstrates Purpose and Values
- Modernize Leadership: Shifting 8 Outdated Management Practices
- Report: Lessons in CX Excellence, 2016
- Still A Lot To Learn From Martin Luther King Jr.
- My 10 CX Wishes For You In 2016
- Positive Psychology Infuses Customer Experience
Join the Elevate Purpose Movement
We also want you (the readers of this blog) to participate in making 2017 a breakthrough year for elevating purpose.
We hope that individuals will pledge to Elevate Purpose within their organizations and within their lives. To take the pledge, simply write, “I pledge to Elevate Purpose,” in the comment box below and proudly display this badge wherever you like.
We hope that you will also use the comment box below to share how you’ve been able to elevate purpose in your personal and/or professional life.
Also, get the word out on twitter with the hashtag #ElevatePurpose