What Is Customer Experience?
Customer experience is defined as…
The perception that customers have of their interactions with an organization.
Customers’ perceive of an interaction through lens of three areas:
- Success: Degree to which customers can accomplish their goals
- Effort: The difficulty or ease in accomplishing their goals
- Emotion: How the interaction makes customers feel
Here’s a short video that discusses the fundamentals of customer experience:
The Six Laws Of Customer Experience
Just like the three laws that govern all of physics, there are a set of fundamental truths about how customer experience operates. And here they are, the 6 laws of customer experience:
- Every interaction creates a personal reaction.
- People are instinctively self-centered.
- Customer familiarity breeds alignment.
- Unengaged employees don’t create engaged customers.
- Employees do what is measured, incented, and celebrated.
- You can’t fake it.
Download this free eBook: The 6 Laws Of Customer Experience: The Fundamental Truths That Define How Organizations Treat Customers
Here’s a short video overview of the Six Laws of CX: