Temkin Group has found that the only path to sustainable customer experience differentiation is to build a customer-centric culture. How? By mastering Four Customer Experience Core Competencies.
This page provides an overview of one of those competencies, Compelling Brand Values. To master this competency, you must deliver on your brand promises to customers.
A successful brand emphasizes the mission of the company and aligns employees and customers around a common purpose. The brand is what employees and leaders truly believe their company stands for. A company creates compelling brand values through its customer promises.
How do you construct and carry out these promises? By following these three essential steps:
- Make promises. Brands need to communicate their values to customers and employees by explicitly making a set promises to customers that they are fully committed to keeping.
- Embrace promises. If employees across the company are going to fully embrace brand promises, they first need to understand what they mean and recognize their own role in fulfilling them.
- Keep promises. Simply understanding the promises made to customers is not enough; an organization must hold itself accountable for living up to those promises during every single customer interaction.
Compelling Brand Values Content
Here is some key content about Compelling Brand Values:
- Report: Translating Brand Promises into Employee Behaviors. This report shares best practices around defining and fulfilling your customer promises.
Here is some additional content about Compelling Brand Values:
- Starbucks Training Should Focus on Broken Brand Promises June 2018
- Report: Lessons in CX Excellence, 2018 January 2018
- CX Competency: Compelling Brand Values (Video) May 2017
- Report: Lessons in CX Excellence, 2017 January 2017
- Report: Translating Brand Promises into Employee Behaviors October 2016
- Modernize Leadership: Steve Jobs Demonstrates Purpose and Values March 2016
- Modernize Leadership: Shifting 8 Outdated Management Practices February 2016
- Report: Lessons in CX Excellence, 2016 January 2016
- Report: B2B Customer Experience Best Practices November 2015
- 100 Customer Experience Tips in 105 Characters (Or Less) October 2015
- Report: Creating and Sustaining a Customer-Centric Culture September 2015
- Report: Lessons in CX Excellence, 2015 January 2015