Amplify Empathy: We Succeed Because We Care
What is Amplify Empathy?
Amplify Empathy represents a hope, a cause, and a heartfelt desire that companies will work towards developing a deeper understanding of their customers’ needs, and that they will use this knowledge to serve those needs better. More specifically, Temkin Group created the Amplify Empathy movement to encourage individuals to help build stronger empathy for their customers within their organizations.
As part of our commitment to Amplify Empathy, Temkin Group will continue to research and write on the topic of organizational empathy. As a primer, check out these posts:
- Building Organizational Empathy: Perceive-Reflect-Adjust, shows how to embed empathy across CX competencies.
- People-Centric Experience Design is a free eBook that includes the principle, Guide with Empathy.
- Join Me in Making 2014 the Year of Empathy includes an amazing video from the Cleveland Clinic.
- Three Steps For Happiness to Fuel Organizational Empathy connects two inter-related topics.
- Five Questions That Drive Customer Journey Thinking propels the value of customer journey maps across an organization.
Join the Amplify Empathy Movement
We hope that individuals will pledge to Amplify Empathy within their organizations and will share their successes with others.
To take the pledge, simply write, “I pledge to Amplify Empathy,” in the comment box below, and proudly display this badge wherever you like.
We hope that you will also share descriptions of your Amplify Empathy efforts within your organization in the comments below. Use the hashtag #AmplifyEmpathy to get the message out on Twitter.
The $2,500 Amplify Empathy Challenge
To encourage people to share their best practices, Temkin Group choose five people who we believe submitted the best ideas for Amplifying Empathy.
Temkin Group selected winners of the Amplify Empathy Challenge based on its evaluation of the ideas submitted on the Website. The criteria that it will use include the innovativeness of the idea, the success that it has achieved, and its ability to be replicated by other organizations.
Congratulations to the winners (see blog post) who each won an Amazon.com $500 gift certificate:
- Aaron Cooper, Customer Experience Architect, Prime Therapeutics
- Diane Stover Hopkins, Innovation Strategy Executive, Beacon Health System
- Kristi Roe, Director-The Patient Experience, Carolinas Healthcare System
- Lisa Henken-Ramirez, Vice President, Customer Experience, NetSpend, a TSYS Company
- A Lee Massaro
Continue to submit your ideas below and tweet them at #AmplifyEmpathy
The bottom line: Together, we can Amplify Empathy!