Do you want to examine experiences through the eyes of your customers? I’m happy to announce that we’ve just released online training to help you use on of our tools, the SLICE-B Experience Review Guide. We’ve used it in our research and consulting, taught it within some of our workshops, and now we’ve made it even easier for people to use on their own.
This video provides an overview of the methodology.
SLICE-B is an Expert Review (a.k.a. Scenario Review) methodology where you go through a specific scenario with a specific customer type in mind, looking for experience flaws along the way.
Our methodology examines 12 criteria across these six areas:
- Start. The extent to which the customer is drawn into the experience.
- Locate. The ease in which the customer can find what she needs.
- Interact. The ease in which the customer can understand and control the experience.
- Complete. The confidence that the customer has that her goal was accomplished.
- End. The transition into next steps.
- Brand Coherence. The reinforcement of a company’s brand.
The methodology can be used in many areas:
- Evaluate your existing customer interactions
- Improve your design prototypes
- Embed into your requirements process
- Compare against your competitors’ interactions
- Learn from interactions in other industries
To see SLICE-B in use, download the report: Mobile Experience Review: Purchasing an eGift Card.
The bottom line: Examining experiences through the eyes of your customers can be enlightening.