We just published a Temkin Group data snapshot, Customer Experience Expectations and Plans for 2018.
In December 2017, Temkin Group surveyed 145 respondents – each from a company with $500 million or more in annual revenues – about their customer experience efforts over the past year and their plans for 2018 and beyond. We compared the results of this survey to the results of similar surveys we’ve conducted over the previous seven years. This year’s results show that companies plan on increasing the amount of money and effort they dedicate to improving a variety of customer experience activities.
Here are some highlights from the research:
- 86% of companies have seen a positive impact from their CX efforts in 2017.
- 81% of companies expect CX to be more important in 2018 than it was in 2017.
- 62% of companies expect to spend more on CX in 2018 than they did in 2017.
- The companies that expect to increase their CX staffing in more than five times the percentage that expect to decrease it.
- Companies plan to increase their spending the most for VoC software and chat bot vendors.
- Companies plan to increase their focus the most on online self-service experiences, and the least on phone self-service.
- Companies plan to increase their focus the most on solving customer service issues, and the least on understanding bills and statement.
- Companies plan to increase their effort the most on customer insights and analytics.
- 21% of companies plan to compensate front-line employees based on CX metrics.
- Compared with other companies, companies with more successful CX efforts in 2017 are employing more CX professionals, focusing more on online chat and new product experiences, and plan to spend more on speech/voice analytics vendors.
Here are the data charts in this data snapshot:
- Business Impact of CX
- Changes in the Importance of Customer Experience
- Changes in Spending on Customer Experience
- Changes in CX Staffing Levels
- Plans for Spending with CX Vendors
- Focus on CX Across Interaction Channels in 2018
- Plans to Increase Focus on the CX of Different Channels
- Focus on Customer Journeys in 2018
- Focus on CX Activities in 2018
- Plans to Increase Focus on Different CX Activities
- Compensation Based on CX Metrics
- Key Differences Between Companies With More Successful And Less Successful CX Programs