This is an update to the original eBook that was published in 2008. It has been downloaded and read by tens of thousands of people around the world and is likely one of the most-read documents ever published on the topic of customer experience.
So enjoy the updated eBook: The 6 Laws Of Customer Experience: The Fundamental Truths That Define How Organizations Treat Customers
Just like the three laws that govern all of physics, there are a set of fundamental truths about how customer experience operates. This eBook outlines the following 6 laws of customer experience:
- Every interaction creates a personal reaction.
- People are instinctively self-centered.
- Customer familiarity breeds alignment.
- Unengaged employees don’t create engaged customers.
- Employees do what is measured, incented, and celebrated.
- You can’t fake it.
The bottom line: To understand CX, you must first understand these laws.
NOTE: CX Institute’s CX Fundamentals eLearning module provides online training for employees across an organization to learn and apply these laws, helping organizations to become more customer-centric.