We just published a Temkin Group report, The Shift To Customer Journey Insights. Here’s the executive summary:
Customer insights are critical to customer experience programs. However, current insights’ efforts tend to focus on individual interactions rather than on a customer’s entire journey, and as a result, they often fail to provide a complete picture of a customer’s experience with the company. This report helps companies shift their insights efforts from concentrating narrowly on single transactions to focusing broadly on customers’ journeys.
Here are some highlights :
- We developed an approach to help companies create a comprehensive view of journeys called Customer Journey Insights (CJI), which is made up of five strategies: Internal Journey Alignment, Journey Data Farming, Journey Performance Tracking, Journey Visualization, and Journey Prioritization.
- We share 20 examples of best practices from companies that are applying these strategies to develop a more complete understanding of their customers’ journeys.
- To help companies master these strategies, we have identified three stages organizations proceed through on their path to enabling customer journeys: 1) Customer Journey Orientation, 2) Customer Journey Enablement, and 3) Customer Journey Mastery.
Here are the best practices focused around five strategies for shifting towards customer journey insights:
- Internal Journey Alignment. Shift the company’s mindset away from siloed interaction success to customer goal facilitation.
- Journey Data Farming. Tap into adjacent data sources and make linkages across channels.
- Journey Performance Tracking. Overhaul metrics to measure performance across customer journeys.
- Journey Visualization. Create mechanisms for communicating insights in a way that reinforces the centrality of customer journeys.
- Journey Prioritization. Focus on the journeys, customer segments, and channels that are strategic business priorities.
- Customer Insights Need An Overhaul
- Customer Insights Are Falling Short
- The Rise of Customer Journey Insights
- Strategy No. 1: Internal Journey Alignments
- Strategy No. 2: Journey Data Farming
- Strategy No. 3: Journey Performance Tracking
- Strategy No. 4: Journey Visualization
- Strategy No. 5: Journey Prioritization
- The Path To Customer Journey Analytics
Figures in the Report:
- The Changing Importance of Customer Insight Channels
- CX Measurement Across Different Interaction Channels
- Shift To Customer Journey Insights
- Customer Journey Insights Best Practices
- Linking Customer Journey InsightsTo A Strategic Goal
- Examples Of Data Types And Uses By Channel
- Use of CX Metrics
- Visualization Of A Financial Services Journey
- Design Dashboards Differently For Customer Journeys
- Explore Variation by Channel
- Identify and Prioritize Specific Customer Journeys
- Customer Journey Insights: Common Challenges
- The Evolution to Customer Journey Insights