The (Large) Connection Between Emotion And Loyalty
August 22, 2016 2 Comments
In case you missed it, we labeled 2016 as The Year of Emotion in our annual listing of CX trends. To help organizations better understand customer emotions, we created the Intensify Emotion Movement. Why did we put so much of a focus on emotion? Because it drives loyalty.
We tapped into our recent consumer benchmark study to examine the connection between how consumers rate the emotional component of their interactions and their loyalty across 20 industries. [Note: The emotional data is from the emotion component of the Temkin Experience Ratings]
In the graphic below, we examined the average across all 20 industries. Compared with consumers who had negative emotional experience, consumers who had positive emotional experiences are:
- 15.1 times more likely to recommend the company
- 8.4 times more likely to trust the company
- 7.8 times more likely to try new products and services
- 7.1 times more likely to purchase more from company
- 6.6 times more likely to forgive company after a mistake
The bottom line: Want loyal customers? Provide positive emotional experiences.