As we start moving ahead in 2016, The Year of Emotion, I wanted to look back at last year’s theme.
In our listing of customer experience trends for 2015, I labeled 2015 as “The Year of the Employee.” To help accelerate the focus, we created our Engage Employees campaign. I hope that you were able to find ways to focus on your employees last year, and that those efforts continue into the future.
Here is some of the relevant content that we created in 2015:
- Video: Customer Experience Matters. Shows that employee engagement is critical for customer experience.
- Report: Lessons in CX Excellence, 2015. Includes employee engagement best practices from the 8 finalists for our 2014 CX Excellence Awards.
- Report: Employee Engagement Benchmark Study, 2015. Our annual report looks at the state of employee engagement within U.S. companies.
- Report: Engaging Millennials in the Workplace. Shows how to engage the younger segment of employees.
- Report: Activating Middle Managers to Drive CX Change. Provides advice for engaging a critical, yet often overlooked group of employees.
- Post: Walmart’s Pay Increase Will Probably Lower Costs. Discusses the link between compensation and performance.
- Post: What Do People Want in a New Job? Flexibility. Examines data about why people actually look for new jobs.
- Report: Employee Engagement Competency & Maturity, 2015. Our annual study benchmarks what large organizations are doing (and not doing) to engage employees.
- Post: Employees Need to Feel Like They’re Contributing. Shows how important it is for employees to feel like they are an integral part of an organization’s success.
- Post: Winners of the Engage Employees Challenge. Shows the winning entrees in Temkin Group’s $1,000 Engage Employees Challenge.
- Report: Creating and Sustaining a Customer-Centric Culture. Provides best practices for engaging employees in culture change.
- eBook: 15 Tips for Engaging Employees. A free eBook we published on CX Day with best practices for engaging employees.
- Post: 100 Customer Experience Tips in 105 Characters (Or Less). A listing (in progress) of good ideas for CX, including employee engagement.
- Report: B2B Customer Experience Best Practices. Describes best practices for engaging employees within B2B organizations.
- Video: People-Centric Experience Design. Shows the power of providing employees with a strong sense of purpose.
- Webinar: CX Trends for 2015 (Year of the Employee). Highlights all of the 2015 CX trends and why we called it the “Year of the Employee.”
The bottom line: Employees are critical for customer experience success.