Okay, now that we’ve celebrated New Years, it’s time to get moving again. We’ve got a lot of CX work to do in 2016, which we’ve labeled as The Year of Emotion.
As you start down the path of making 2016 a banner year for CX in your organization, I want to share my wishes for you:
- May you focus on your customers’ needs, even when internal priorities push them to be ignored.
- May you orient your thinking on customers’ journeys, even when the organization cares about individual interactions.
- May you design for customers’ emotions, even when success and effort are often the better understood parts of an experience.
- May you develop innovative ways to treat customers, even when the status quo seems to be good enough.
- May you share customer success stories, even when there are many problems to be fixed.
- May you remain committed to driving change, even when it feels like you aren’t making very much progress.
- May you help all employees deliver on customer promises, even when some don’t directly interact with end-customers.
- May you engage the hearts and minds of employees, even when it’s easier to just send out some communications.
- May you maintain a clear sense of purpose, even when you feel too busy to think about anything except the task in front of you.
- May you find many reasons to be grateful, even when it seems like things aren’t going your way.
The bottom line: I hope that 2016 is a wonderful, memorable year for you!