Are Customer Emotions & Behaviors the Future of Customer Experience? That’s a question that Colin Shaw and I recently discussed/debated during a joint webinar. You can see a recording of the session below.
If you don’t have time to watch the recording, then here’s a quick summary: “Yes!”
Customer experience is all about people (human beings!) who don’t behave as rationally as many people tend to believe, and they are often driven to action based on their emotions. Customer experience efforts must do a much better job of dealing with this reality, with both customers and employees.
Here’s some related content:
- People-Centric Experience Design (eBook & video)
- Behavioral Guide to Customer Experience Design (report)
- Positive Psychology Infuses Customer Experience (post)
- Customer Experience Matters (video)
- What is Customer Experience? (video)
- H-E-B Earns Top Spot in 2015 Temkin Emotion Ratings (post)
- State of Customer Experience Management, 2015 (report)
- Employee Engagement Competency & Maturity (report)
- ROI of Customer Experience, 2015 (report)
The bottom line: Great customer experience requires a strong focus on emotions & behaviors.