We recently released the 2015 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 293 companies across 20 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers.
Here are some highlights from the hotel industry:
- The hotel industry tied for 7th place out of the 20 industries we evaluated in the 2015 Temkin Experience Ratings. After decreasing its average score for the past three years, the hotel industry increased in the 2015 Ratings to 66.2%, up from 60% in 2014, the highest rating over all five years.
- Out of any of the 20 industries that we evaluated, the hotel industry saw the largest improvement over its 2014 ratings as the industry average increased by 6.2 percentage points between 2014 in 2015.
- Marriott earned the highest Temkin Experience Rating in the hotel industry (75%), followed closely by Sheraton and Courtyard by Marriott. (74%).
- Ramada Inn and Motel 6 had the lowest overall scores as well as the lowest component scores of companies in the industry.
- Residence Inn jumped 16 points in the last year, up to 69% from 53% in 2014, the largest increase for any company in the hotels industry.
- Best Western (-5) was the only hotel to see a decrease in its ratings between 2014 and 2015.
- Eight companies increased by 10 or more percentage-points in 2015: Marriott (+11 points), Courtyard by Marriott (+10) points, Hampton Inn (+10 points), Hilton (+10 points), Hyatt (+14 points), Residence Inn (+16 points), Westin (+13 points), and Super 8 (+13 points).
- Marriott earned the highest rating for the success component (78%) and the effort component (81%), while Hampton Inn earned the highest rating for the emotion component (70%).