We recently released the 2015 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 293 companies across 20 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers.
USAA has maintained its position as the top-rated insurer for the fifth year in a row, earning a 75% rating and ranking 52nd out of 293 companies across 20 industries. This is also State Farm’s fourth straight year in second place, and this year it earned a 71% rating and placed 100th overall.
At the other end of the spectrum, 21st Century was the lowest-rated insurance carrier for the fifth year in a row, scoring 51% and placing 270th overall. Amica—a newcomer to the Ratings—received the second-lowest score in the insurance industry with a rating of 52% and an overall ranking of 264th.
Here are some additional findings:
- The top- and bottom-rated insurers have stayed relatively steady over the history of the Ratings. For the past five years, USAA has earned the top spot while State Farm has consistently come in a close second. 21st Century has spent the last four years as the lowest-rated insurance carrier.
- Of the fourteen insurers that we evaluated in both 2014 and 2015, American Family increased its score the most, going up five percentage-points from last year. Progressive is the only other insurer whose rating increased between 2014 and 2015, while GEICO’s score stayed the same and the eleven other insurers’ ratings declined.
- USAA’s effort rating declined more than any other insurer’s in the past year, dropping from 86% in 2014 to 77% in 2015. Progressive’s effort rating, on the other hand, increased the most, going up from 71% in 2014 to 76% in 2015.
- MetLife and AAA’s emotion ratings declined the most in the past year, each dropping by seven percentage-points, while American Family’s emotion rating increased the most of any insurer’s, going up from 46% in 2014 to 50% in 2015.
- The industry average declined in all three TxR component scores, down one percentage-point in success to 71%, two percentage-points in effort to 71%, and two percentage-points in emotion to 55%.
The bottom line: USAA continues to set the pace in customer experience.