12 Ways To Engage With The Customer Experience Professionals Association
February 9, 2015 Leave a comment
I recently posted about the Past and Exciting Future of the Customer Experience Professionals Association. After reviewing our progress over the last few years, I am even more excited about the future of the organization and what it means for CX professionals worldwide.
In that post I unveiled an updated version of the CXPA.org’s mission statement:
The Customer Experience Professionals Association is the premier global non-profit organization dedicated to the advancement and cultivation of the Customer Experience profession. We increase the impact and visibility of Customer Experience professionals, facilitate effective member-to-member sharing, and establish respected standards.
I also mentioned that we were working on developing the strategic pillars that will guide the CXPA over the next several years. Here they are:
- Establish the role of CX professionals as essential for business success. For our profession to be successful, we need to make sure that people (especially business leaders) understand the importance of our work and that we highlight how our community is helping to drive the success of their organizations.
- Grow the community of engaged CX professionals. The CXPA is a non-profit organization that is built on the collective energy and support of our members. Growing the number of members is not enough, we need to encourage members to become active and to raise the number of highly-active members within our community.
- Increase members’ CX knowledge, capabilities, and effectiveness through member to member programming. We want to help our members be the best that they can be, but don’t want to replicate the content and resources that already exist in other areas. We believe that the most effective way to add value in this area is to create mechanisms for our members to share with each other and to foster a culture of sharing across our community.
- Create tailored strategies based on key member segments. As our community grows, we will want to cater some of our offerings to meet the needs of different subgroups (e.g., new CX professionals).
- Ensure that the CXPA has the right talent. From the board of directors to the volunteers across the community, we need to make sure that the CXPA has great people in all of the key roles and a plan for evolving that leadership over time.
To help drive these efforts, we are aligning the CXPA’s board of directors around each of these pillars.
If you’re a CX professional, then I hope you see the value that the CXPA provides to you. It’s YOUR organization. Together, we can collectively raise the visibility and effectiveness of customer experience professionals.
I urge you to join and become active in the CXPA. The strength of our association, and the ability for us to achieve our mission, is based on the participation of CX professionals around the world.
Here are 12 ways that you can get involved…
- Go to the online CXPA community and introduce yourself.
- Participate in a YourMembership call to learn about all the resources available to you.
- Learn or share your successes on a webinar or educational call.
- Become a mentor or mentee in our new CX mentorship program.
- Meet and interact with other CX professionals at one of our many Local Networking Events.
- Attend our flagship Insight Exchange in San Diego in May, a “must-attend” event!
- Pose a question or suggest an answer in our online community.
- Submit a question to our panel of CX Experts.
- Post a job or find a new amazing opportunity on our CX career list.
- Celebrate CX Day on October 6th and help plan the events when we call out for volunteers.
- If you’re qualified, work towards a Certified Customer Experience Professional and proudly display your CCXP credentials.
- Showcase your support of the CX profession by becoming a CXPA sponsor.
The bottom line: Get involved in the CXPA!