Cool Happenings From the CXPA MIE
May 14, 2013 Leave a comment
We’re having a great day at the Customer Experience Professionals Association (CXPA.org) Members Insight Exchange in San Diego. Lots of wonderful sharing, learning, and networking amongst our CXPA members.
My update started by highlighting that the state of our association is STRONG. This slide has some facts and figures on the association (great stuff for only two years!).
- CX Professional Certification. We have started work on the development of a professional certification program for CX management called the “Certified Customer Experience Professional” (CCXP). Think of it like the CPA is for accountants. The CXPA, as a non-profit, independent professional association is uniquely positioned to deliver on this great evolution for the marketplace. We plan on beginning certifications in Q4.
- CX Day: October 1, 2013. Mark your calendars for 10/1/2013 for Customer Experience Day! It will be a day for celebrating the profession. Some of the elements include Local Networking Events throughout the world, several live online events, announcements of awards for CX professionals who are making a difference, and a contest to see which companies are the most innovative in celebrating CX Day within their organization.
- MIE 2014. We also announced another important date, we will be holding next year’s Member Insight Exchange on May 13 & 14 in Atlanta.
- CXPA Extra Mile Award Winners. The CXPA is fueled by the passion and effort of our members. While many, many people contribute, we identified three fthat have gone well above and beyond the call of duty: Desirree Madison-Biggs, Karl Sharicz, and Yvonne Nomizu. Thank you to our winners and to everyone else who contrinutes their time to the CXPA.
- CX Innovation Award Winners: This is the second year that we are giving awards for innovative CX practices. This year’s winners are Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan and Sage. The other finalists are Autodesk, Barclaycard US, and Oklahoma City Thunder. Awesome job! You can see more of their stories on the CXPA site.
Here’s a photo from one of the favorite activities at the MIE, Show & Tell. Attendees go from table to table as a member at each table explains a specific CX Tool that they are using. This type of member to member sharing is one of the things that makes CXPA events so distinctive.
The bottom line: CXPA is thriving, all CX professionals should join us!