We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the insurance industry:
- The industry has been steadily improving over the last three years, from an average rating of 58.5% in 2011 to 65.0% in 2013.
- USAA is the highest-ranked insurance company at 77% and State Farm is second with a rating of 73%. These two insurers held the same position last year and USAA has been atop the industry for all three years of the ratings. These are the only two insurers with “good” ratings. Nationwide is in third place at 68%.
- USAA earned the top marks across all three components, functional, accessible, and emotional and State Farm earned the second highest marks across all three areas.
- 21st Century earned the last place in the industry with a rating of 49%. The insurer earned the lowest marks across all three components, functional, accessible, and emotional. It was next to last in the industry in the 2012 Temkin Experience Ratings and last place in the 2011 Temkin Experience Ratings.
- Liberty Mutual is in next to last place with a rating of 56%.
- Travelers improved the most between 2012 and 2013, gaining six percentage points. Next on the list, MetLife and USAA improved by four percentage points.
- The Hartford and 21st Century had the largest decline from 2012, losing seven percentage points.
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.