We recently released the 2013 Temkin Experience Ratings that ranks the customer experience of 246 companies across 19 industries based on a survey of 10,000 U.S. consumers. Here are highlights from the major appliances industry:
- The average rating for appliances places it at number 16 out of 19 industries.
- The industry had the largest decrease of any industry this year, with its average rating dropping from 62.5% in 2012 to 59.1% in 2013.
- The most highly ranked appliance firm is Electrolux, with a rating of 65% at #123 in the rankings. It considerably outperformed other firms in the the emotional component of the ratings.
- All the companies declined except the top-rated Electrolux (which wasn’t studied last year) and the second-place Samsung.
- The lowest-ranked firms are Toshiba and LG, tied at #208 with a rating of 55%. That’s a nine percentage point decline for LG, and a seven percentage point decline for Toshiba since 2012.
- LG considerably under performed in functional component and Toshiba considerably under performs in accessible.
- Bosch out performs the industry average for accessible, but under performs in the other two components. It also suffered a nine percentage point decline since last year.
- Here’s a link to industry results from the 2012 ratings.