We just published a Temkin Group data snapshot, CX Plans and Expectations for 2013. Here’s the executive summary:
In the fourth quarter of 2012, Temkin Group surveyed 178 respondents from companies with $500 million or more in annual revenues about their customer experience results in the past year and their plans for 2013 and beyond. The results from that survey are compared with results of a similar survey we completed in the same timeframe in 2010 and 2011. The results highlight a continued strong ambition and commitment to customer experience and an increase in customer experience management activities in 2013.
This data snapshot contains 19 data rich charts is an update to the report we published last year. Here are some of the interesting datapoints:
- Fifty-three percent of large companies have the goal to deliver the best customer experience in their industry within three years
- Seventy-seven percent of large companies plan to spend more on customer experience in 2013 than they did in 2012.
- Over half of large companies have at least six full-time customer experience professionals
- Sixty-four percent of large companies think that their phone agent experiences are good or excellent, but only 18% feel that way about their cross-channel experiences and 27% feel that way about their mobile experiences.
- Seventy-eight percent of large companies plan to put more effort on their web experience in 2013 and 68% plan to focus more on their mobile experience.
- Thirty percent of respondents from companies with at least $500 million in annual revenues plan to increase spending on text analytics compared with only 4% that expect to decrease spending in that area. Next on the list with positive spending momentum is voice of the customer software.
The bottom line: CX efforts are n the rise.
P.S. Here are a listing of the 19 charts:
- Level of Customer Experience Ambition
- Business Impact of CX
- Change in Importance and Spending
- Change in CX Staffing Levels
- Plans for Spending with CX Vendors
- Organizational CX Effectiveness
- Effectiveness of Customer Experience Activities
- Change in Effectiveness of Customer Experience Activities
- Effectiveness of Customer Experience by Channel
- Change in Effectiveness of Customer Experience Activities by Channel
- Customer Experience Planning
- CX Areas of Focus in 2013
- Plans to Increase Focus on CX Activities
- CX Channels of Focus in 2013
- Plans to Increase Focus on the CX of Different Channels
- Future Changes Coming to CX
- Differences in CX Ambition: Organizational Readiness
- Differences in CX Ambition: Plans to Focus on the CX of Different Channels
- Differences in CX Ambition: Plans to Focus on Different CX Activities