To everyone who is celebrating the holiday: Happy Thanksgiving!
In honor of the day, here are 6 things for which customer experience change agents should give thanks:
- Poor customer experience. Forrester’s customer experience index (CxPi) shows that most industries do a poor job with customer experience; so there’s a lot of opportunity to make a difference. (P.S. I’m currently working on the next CxPi.)
- Engaged employees. Employees don’t wake up in the morning hoping to make things hard for customers; they’re more than willing to get on the customer experience bandwagon. As Walt Disney said: “You can design and create, and build the most wonderful place in the world. But it takes people to make the dream a reality.”
- The customer’s voice. There’s nothing more powerful for gaining alignment inside a company than clear feedback from customers. That’s why it’s critical to create a strong Voice Of The Customer (VoC) Program.
- Customer complaints. Every piece of negative feedback represents an opportunity for improvement. Don’t squander this critical asset.
- Good customer service. Consumers really care about customer service; these interactions represent critical moments of truth. And those that care about customer service, tend to be much more loyal. So there’s a lot of upside in improving customer service.
- Senior executive commitment. Customer experience transformation isn’t easy; it requires a multi-year journey. Sustaining the effort requires strong support from the executive team.
The bottom line: Have a great day… and be thankful!