After months and months of planning, it’s exciting to be on the verge of Forrester’s first ever Customer Experience Forum. The event, called The Customer Experience Journey: Keeping Momentum In The Downturn, starts this Monday at the Grand Hyatt in NYC. Maybe I’m too close to all of the planning to be objective, but I think the event will rock!
For one thing, we’ve blown past our projections for attendees and sponsors. That’s pretty amazing in this economy. We’ll probably have more than 700 people on-site including Forrester employees and the press, so the place will be hopping.
I’m giving the opening keynote speech which is titled “Charting Your Customer Experience Journey Through Tough Times.” I’ve given hundreds of speeches, but I’m more excited about this one than any of the others that I’ve given. It’s loaded with cool insights, fun content, and it will also showcase some brand new research. On Monday, we’ll be publishing my new report called “Customer Experience Boosts Revenue” which estimates the additional revenue generated by improvements in customer experience across 12 industries. I’ll definitely be blogging about that report down the road.
At the end of the day on Monday, I’ll be announcing the winners of Forrester’s Voice Of The Customer Award. We received 40 strong nominations, so the winners really did a great job.
On Tuesday, I’m thrilled to be leading a panel discussion with some very dynamic customer experience executives:
- M. Bridget Duffy, M.D., Chief Experience Officer , Cleveland Clinic
- Aisling Hassell, Vice President, Customer Experience and Online, Symantec
- Ingrid Lindberg, Customer Experience Officer, CIGNA
Those are my appearances on the main stage, but there’s also a lot more that I’m excited about. Moira Dorsey, a Forrester research director, will be giving the opening keynote on the second day called “The Future of Online Experiences: Prepare Now For Recovery.” And Harley Manning, another research director, will undoubtedly keep the entire event fun and entertaining in his role as host.
We also have a number of fantastic industry speakers on the main stage:
- C. David Cush, Chief Executive Officer, Virgin America
- Wayne Peacock, Executive Vice President, Enterprise Business Operations, USAA
- F. William McNabb III, President and Chief Executive Officer, Vanguard
- Martin A. Nisenholtz, Senior Vice President, Digital Operations, The New York Times Company
- Chuck Cordray, Senior Vice President, General Manager, Hearst Magazines Digital Media
- Sohrab Vossoughi, President and Founder, ZIBA Design
There are also four tracks loaded with great content in these areas: Designing Great Web Experiences, Mastering Cross-Channel Experiences, Building A Customer-Centric Culture, and Reinforcing Brands With Every Interaction.
The bottom line: I’m looking forward to the Big Apple!