In Forrester’s 2008 Customer Experience Index (CxPi), we ranked 113 companies across 12 industries. I recently published a snapshot of the hotel industry results from the 6 hotels on the list (Hampton Inn, Marriott Hotels, Holiday Inn Express, Holiday Inn, Hilton Hotels, and Comfort Inn). Here’s some of what we found:
- Experiences are “good.” As a group, the six hotels ended up with a “good” rating of 79%.
- Hampton Inn and Marriott lead the pack. With an “excellent” score of 89%, Hampton Inn led all hotels and came in 3rd on the overall list of 113 firms. Marriott, with an 85% score, was the only other hotel with an “excellent rating.”
- Comfort Inn lags. With the only “okay” rating, Comfort Inn came out at the bottom of the list at 70%.
- Hampton Inn was most useful and enjoyable. Hampton Inn came out on top in two of the three components of the CxPi, with the largest lead in enjoyability.
- Marriott is easiest to work with. Marriott earned an “excellent” rating of 92% for being easy to work with. Next on the list for this component was Holiday Inn Express with an 89% score.
The bottom line: I’m going to consider a Hampton Inn on my next trip