We asked more than 4,500 US consumers about their satisfaction with experiences across 12 different industries: airlines, banks, cell phone service providers, credit card providers, hotels, insurance firms, Internet service providers, investment firms, medical insurance companies, PC manufacturers, retailers, and TV service providers. Our analysis looked at phone, store/branch, and Web interactions.
Here are some highlights of consumer feedback on Web interactions. The analysis looked at satisfaction rates at an industry level and changes from last year’s results, examined satisfaction for individual companies, and compared responses across generations of consumers.
- Highest industry satisfaction: Banks (84%) and credit card providers (84%)
- Lowest industry satisfaction: Heath plans (66%) and wireless carriers (66%)
- Most improved industry: Banks (improved 1%)
- Least improved industry: TV service providers (declined 6%)
- Highest company satisfaction: USAA (93%), Amazon.com (93%), Barnes & Noble (93%), eBay (92%), Southwest Airlines (91%), and Hilton Hotels (91%)
- Lowest company satisfaction: Comcast- TV (60%), Sprint (61%), Time Warner Cable (62%), Medicare (62%), Comcast- ISP (62%), and AAA (64%).
- Most satisfied generation: Seniors were most satisfied for eight of the industries
- Least satisfied generation: Gen Yers were least satisfied for seven of the industries
- Largest generation gap: Airlines (Seniors at 91% versus Gen Y at 73%)
The bottom line: What’s it like when customers go to your Websites?