This is my 199th and final post for 2008. While I enjoyed writing all of the posts, I enjoyed some more than others. So here are some of my 2008 favorites (in chronological order):
- Trend Watch 2008 Wrap-Up (1/8/08). I captured the highlights of my commentary on trends and predictions for this year.
- Lead Your Company Out Of A Downturn (2/16/08). This was my first post in a series on the topic of managing in a recession.
- The Holy Grail: A Link Between Customer Experience And Loyalty (3/25/08). This was my favorite piece of research in 2008. It quantitatively showed why customer experience is important.
- Website Usability Is A Rapping Matter (4/4/08). This is a funny video that all customer experience professionals should watch.
- JetBlue’s “Happy Jetting” Is More Than Empty Promises (5/8/08). JetBlue showcases some basic principles of brand building.
- Discussing Zappos’ Culture With Tony Hsieh (5/28/08). I really enjoyed my interview with Tony and hearing about the Zappos culture.
- A Look Back At My First Year Of Blogging (6/13/08). This highlighted many of my favorites. During the year, I also published three “Best Of Customer Experience Matters” posts.
- Leadership Lessons From Tim Russert (6/14/08). Tim was great, and I really missed him throughout the entire election season.
- Customer Experience Is The New Quality (6/20/08). This post captures my basic philosophy about customer experience.
- The 6 Laws Of Customer Experience (7/22/08). This “mini book” has become enormously popular and has been “syndicated” in many forms and languages by several companies.
- My First 8 Steps As A New CMO (9/13/08). I was pleasantly surprised by the enormous readership of this post.
- The Customer Experience Journey (9/18/08). This post is about one of my most popular 2008 research reports.
- Off Topic: My Jimmy Fund Walk Against Cancer (9/21/08). I am very thankful for all of the people who supported my family’s participation in this very worthy event.
- Management Imperative #1: Invest In Culture As A Corporate Asset (10/21/08). This is the first of 6 new management imperatives that reflect the changing times.
- Forrester’s 2008 Customer Experience Rankings (12/15/08). This was the second year that we ranked the customer experience of more than 100 companies.
The bottom line: I hope you had a great 2008 and have an even better 2009!