I’ve decided to periodically highlight blog posts that I find interesting. Here are 10 from the past week:
- Flooring The Consumer: Brand & Customer Experience Blogs That Make Customers Sing highlights different brand and customer experience blogs that you should read every day between June 1st and July 4th. It’s a great listing of blogs for you to read. My blog is listed for June 15th; I’ll plan to have a good post that day.
- Customers Are Always: Deepak Chopra on Business, Success, and Happiness centers around a video with Deepak Chopra talking about leadership. He starts by saying that employee loyalty leads to customer loyalty which leads to investor loyalty. I totally agree.
- Logic + Emotion: The One Video All Marketers Should Watch showcases a video of a presentation by Adaptive Path that’s worth watching. It synthesizes thoughts contained in the book “Subject To Change.”
- Seth Godin’s Blog: Competition discusses why Seth doesn’t think that blogs compete with each other, so he’s happy to mention other blogs. Seems like a good message to highlight in this blog roundup. Seth, feel free to highlight my blog.
- Forrester’s Interactive Marketing Blog: Brands Punk’d By Social Media provides more than 20 examples of companies that were blindsided by the Internet. The list starts with Apple in 2001 and ends with Louis Vuitton in 2008.
- HubSpot Marketing Blog: Top 10 Ways NOT to Spend $12 Million on Marketing is a tongue in cheek look at how HubSpot could use the funding that it recently raised.
- Zenhabits: 25 Ways to Help a Fellow Human Being Today takes its inspiration from the Dalai Lama and provides what it calls “an extremely incomplete list” of how you can start helping other people. We should all do a few items on the list.
- Freakonomics: Introducing: The Happiness Index discusses a new daily poll of Americans about their health and happiness. I can see using this data to decide which neighborhood to move into. Forget about the school system, how happy are the neighbors?
- GoogleBlog: Introduction to Google Search Quality discuses how Google ranks search results. It’s a fascinating post by Udi Manber who is the VP Engineering, Search Quality at Google.
- Brand New Day: An Expert’s Analysis of Dove’s Campaign for “Real” Beauty examines one of the photos that was used in Dove’s campaign. This BusinessWeek blog post contains a fascinating analysis of natural body imperfections that have disappeared from the photo.
The bottom line: Enjoy the reading!