This Thursday, November 8th is…
World Usability Day was founded to ensure that the services and products important to life are easier to access and simpler to use. Last year, 40,000 people in 35 countries participated.
If you’re in New York, join me at an event sponsored by the NYC chapter of the Usability Professionals Association. It’s being held at the JPMorgan Chase offices at 1 Chase Manhattan Plaza (Pine and Williams) in their 60th floor conference center. I’ll be giving the keynote speech on Experience-Based Differentiation and will focus a bit on the sub-theme of the event: Healthcare.
Here’s the agenda for the event (which costs $20 for non-members):
12:30-1:00: Registration and Open Reception
1:00-1:05: Introduction to World Usability Day 2007
Mark Safire, President, NYC-UPA
1:05-1:50: Delivering Stellar Customer Experiences
Bruce Temkin, VP – Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Three Principles for Success: Learn how organizations sustain a long-term competitive edge through what Forrester Research calls “Experience Based Differentiation” or EBD. Discover how companies can differentiate themselves by dramatically raising the bar on the cross-channel customer experience they provide.
1:50-2:45: Reinforcing Brands With Every Interaction
Leaders in interactive design and marketing join Bruce Temkin to illustrate how key brand attributes can be successfully translated to customer experiences both online and offline.
- Moderated by Tammy Sachs, CEO, Sachs Insights with panelists including:
- Brandt Flomer, Creative Director – Experience Strategy, R/GA
- Stephen Gates, Interactive Creative Director, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- Anthony S. Manson, Managing Partner – eMarketing, Sudler & Hennessey
- Bruce Temkin, VP – Principal Analyst, Forrester Research
Light Refreshments & Snacks sponsored by Human Factors International
3:15-3:50: Innovative Online Experiences: Triumphs & Tragedies
Tammy Sachs, CEO, Sachs Insights
This presentation will provide examples of how new features and technologies can succeed or fail in engaging customers and enhancing brands.
3:50-4:45: The User Experience Process: How to Make It Work
Leaders in User Experience across several industries discuss what has worked – and what has not – in establishing user-centered design processes within their organizations.
- Moderated by Mark Safire, President, NYC-UPA
- Jose Coronado, Director of Usability, ADP
- Kathleen Hoski, Manager – Usability Research, Best Buy
- Todd Toler, Director of User Experience, John Wiley & Sons
- Tushar Tanna, Former VP – Consumer Product Mgmt, WebMD
4:45-5:25: Persona Development: A Healthcare Case Study
April McGee, Project Director, Human Factors International
5:25-5:30: Closing Comments and Raffle
5:30-6:30: Cocktail Reception
Here’s the link for more information or to register for the event: http://nycupa20071108.eventbrite.com/
The bottom line: Hopefully you can join us!